just sharing ... check it out ...
Marie Skłodowska Curie (7 November 1867 – 4 July 1934) was a Polish–French physicist and chemist, famous for her pioneering research on radioactivity. She was the first person honored with two Nobel Prizes—in physics and chemistry. She was the first female professor at the University of Paris, and in 1995 became the first woman to be entombed on her own merits in the Paris Panthéon.
She was born Maria Salomea Skłodowska in Warsaw, in what was then the Kingdom of Poland, and lived there until the age of 24. In 1891, she followed her older sister Bronisława to study in Paris, where she earned her higher degrees and conducted her subsequent scientific work. She shared her 1903 Nobel Prize in Physics with her husband Pierre Curie (and with Henri Becquerel). Her daughter Irène Joliot-Curie and son-in-law, Frédéric Joliot-Curie, would similarly share a Nobel Prize. She was the sole winner of the 1911 Nobel Prize in Chemistry. Curie was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize, the only woman to date to win in two fields, and the only person to win in multiple sciences.
Her achievements include a theory of radioactivity (a term that she coined), techniques for isolating radioactive isotopes, and the discovery of two elements, polonium and radium. Under her direction, the world's first studies were conducted into the treatment of neoplasms, using radioactive isotopes. She founded the Curie Institutes: the Curie Institute (Paris) and the Curie Institute (Warsaw).
While an actively loyal French citizen, Skłodowska–Curie (as she styled herself) never lost her sense of Polish identity. She taught her daughters the Polish language and took them on visits to Poland. She named the first chemical element that she discovered "polonium" (1898) for her native country. During World War I she became a member of the Committee for a Free Poland (Komitet Wolnej Polski). In 1932, she founded a Radium Institute (now the Maria Skłodowska–Curie Institute of Oncology) in her home town, Warsaw, headed by her physician-sister Bronisława. Curie died in 1934 of aplastic anemia, brought on by her lifelong exposure to radiation.
that some info about Marie Curie from Wikipedia.org ...
Click the link for more information ..
hopefully useful .. :)
Some info about Marie Curie
just sharing ... check it out ...
Search this blog
- ► 2012 (144)
- Pertandingan Indonesia Vs LA Galaxy
- 5 Virus yang menyebar dengan cepat
- 6 Artis Yang Memiliki Bibir Seksi
- 'Breaking Dawn Part 2' Selesai Diproduksi
- Breaking Dawn Part 1, Hamil Derita
- Misteri bicara saat tidur
- Info BlackBerry Curve 9380 Hands-on
- Bahaya Meminjamkan Gunting Kuku
- Foto Hot, Sensual, Unik, Lucu, Seksi Cewek
- MW3 Mendominasi Persaingan
- Perolehan Medali Sementara Sea Games (Selasa Siang...
- Sea Games momen kebangkitan kembali karate Indones...
- 7 Artis Porno Jepang Tercantik Versi Mbah Google
- Perolehan Medali Sementara Sea Games 2011
- Timnas Karate Dapat 5 Emas di Sea Games
- 10 Momen Selebriti Dunia yang Menghebohkan
- Ganti Channel TV cuma dengan ayunan tangan, check ...
- Sisi Gelap Dunia Kedokteran Modern
- Some info about Marie Curie
- 4 Kisah Ciuman Spektakuler di Dunia
- 4 Cara Agar Tak Terobsesi dengan Mantan Kekasih
- 10 Fakta di Balik Cinta Raffi Ahmad dan Yuni Shara...
- 30 Rahasia Cewek yang harus diketahui cowo
- 3 Kesalahan Wanita Ketika Bercinta
- 18 Keganjilan N7W (New7Wonders)
- Foto Hot Model Bandung
- Kacang bisa bikin berat badan turun ?
- Ludah Manusia Dapat Mempercepat Penyembuhan Luka
- ▼ November (28)